The butterflies lift silken wings
To catch a rainbow cry,…’ Langston Hughes
- It’s okay that things went pear shaped in your life.
- You cannot remember when last you touched your toes.
- Or looked in the mirror and sort of went ‘yeah’.
- Croissants are for ‘when in Paris’ only.
- Study Martha Graham.
- Amazons never ‘did lunch’ everyday.
- Wine may be your best friend, but there is a limit to your devotion.
- That ‘I’ll start tomorrow’ never works.
- Stop weeping that your boobs are popping out of the smaller size, the muffin top takes centre stage and your favourite clothes well, have been sitting in the wardrobe for ‘one day.’
Start today. Slowly remember your body is you, and no matter the size, be comfortable with it. But get it fluid again. There is time enough when you cannot get out of the chair.
Remember when you played with mercury at school?
You are silver Mercury
May sound crazy, but I got fed up with the hanging onto what I used to be. Pain made me stiff and unyielding and all I could do was remember …. backwards, and giving up … forwards. Not any more, I am taking responsibility for myself.
Begin with just not listening to what everyone else tells you. Diet, exercise, must do this and must do that. Your body will tell you. You know how much to eat, how much to move and even if it’s just to the music, let yourself sway. Some may be tri-athletes in the Silver stage and I salute them, but mortals like me need to have a plan that calls for common sense. There is absolutely no reason why you should not be fluid and fit. No excuse if that is what you want.
Beautiful body, beautiful mind, beautiful you
Think fluidity and you the rest will follow
So, aiming for the beautiful … get yourself the beauty products and build on your body till you literally glide.
Images: Pintrest, the plus paper