“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”
— Winston Churchill
Like Churchill, I am well acquainted with The Black Dog. We are great friends though times, like when the summer is truly here, the dog must to his kennel.
One of the many things that arrive in the summertime in the city, are pop ups. Spontaneous shopping, eating and discovering new things and I love the fact that it gives others the opportunity to show their talents and sell their creations. Pop up is such a good analogy, now you see it … refreshing and optimistic. As are the ideas flooding into my head on a daily basis.
So, a few things I have decided to try, or new ideas I am working on this week:
- Getting one new app on my phone that is useful. @camscanner. No matter where I am I can scan documents without the hassle of finding a scanner. Love it, love it. #cool #useful #scan
- Milk art. Soon I shall be able to make interesting art on the top of the coffee.
- Writing an article for a friend’s blog on re-branding in your fifties.
- Instagramming at least once a day which makes me look for opportunities in everyday life.
- Ditching the old make-up, clothes and files I thought I would use again … one day.
- Going without sugar. This does not include wine, which is medicinal.
- Planning a day out, or a vacation in December, getting in early. This does not include my trip to Paris which is my thing at Christmas time.
- A new playlist on Spotify.
- Going to bed earlier and getting up super early to give myself that extra hour.
- Planting up my ‘office’ balcony. Added a David Austin ‘Litchfield Angel’ to the pot after mermaids demise. It was the ‘Angel’ in the name that did it for me.
- Committing to one ‘quiet and relaxing’ activity per day. Be it gardening, embroidery, reading or sorting out photographs. No noise, no distractions for an hour.
- Begin watching a new series and buying a new book. If you have any ideas, most welcome.
- Writing for an hour a day, without distraction which is not essentially relaxing but forms a dedicated routine.
- Taking off my wedding rings. I am no longer married but sort of hung onto that one for a while, habit, and a clear signal that I was not available. I am still not available but the rings seemed a little redundant and my heart knows who it loves anyway. This was a big pop up moment.
- And whatever else that is new and untried within my path this week.
If you are as much of a procrastinator as I am, mornings begin with ideas and evenings with nothing accomplished, most of the time. This week is different – I have listed my endeavours and will endeavour to execute them, which give purpose and positivity.
Just think of the things I could do next week! And you!
Images fine gardening, pinterest, success.com